November 16, 2017

Write for Rights 2017 with Amnesty International


My writing is my super power.

I don't have a fancy cape and a cool secret identity, but I do have an internet connection and like to think I write faster than a speeding bullet. I'd love to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but I doubt that's happening any time soon. *smirk* Instead, I use my writing to fight injustice, something we all can do.

Amnesty International is a human rights organization with chapters around the world fighting injustice, crimes against humanity, corrupt government, and censorship.



Their annual Write for Rights Campaign is going on now through December 31, 2017. People around the world will come together to fight injustice and celebrate Human Rights Day on December 10, 2017. Amnesty International has chosen ten cases for the letter writing campaign, but you can also write for justice in other cases as well. Anyone of any age can sign up to participate or host a writing event. Below are this year's cases. Click the link to read more information about each person and join me in participating. Together, we can change the world.

Stop China's harassment of Ni Yulan. 


Ask Egypt to drop charges and free Hunan.


Demand Honduras protect Milpah now.

Write Israel to drop charges against Farid and Issa.

Overturn Clovis's sentence in Madagascar
immediately.

Demand Turkey drop charges against the
Istanbul 10 and free them immediately.

Demand Chad release Mahadine immediately.

Demand justice for Xulhaz.

Demand Jamaica protect Shackelia
and seek justice for people murdered by police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.